“洛瑞中心是MG娱乐网站网址校园的心脏. 这是每个学生每天都会去的地方, and it plays a central role in the learning they do on campus by living, 领导和共度时光,前总统莎拉·博尔顿说.
社区很重要, 创造一个充满活力的, 欢迎, equitable and strongly woven campus community is vital to Wooster’s mission and the College’s 连接、创造、发现 战略计划. MG娱乐网站网址学院 is moving toward a major renovation and transformation of the Lowry Center in an effort to create spaces that support student connection, 订婚, 并蓬勃发展.
This renovation will create a 欢迎 and inspiring space that surrounds us all the time with a sense of Wooster’s inclusive values, with a particular highlight on the international and diverse nature of our community. It will be a vibrant and bright center that draws 学生 in and draws them together, with a variety of formal and informal spaces for club and organization meetings, 小组工作和放松, 更新的餐厅和便利店, 集中资源来支持学生的成长和幸福.
Following the College’s Convocation ceremony at Papp Stadium on August 25, 学生, 教师, 工作人员, and guests were welcomed to the front of the renovated Lowry Center to officially mark the completion of Phase I of the project. 学生代表Noah Golovan ' 23, 阿列格塔·梅兹穆尔23年, and Kennedy Pope ’23 joined Interim President Wayne Webster to cut the ribbon to the Lowry Center. Lowry Dining opened on the first floor of the student center the week prior and will serve 学生 as work on Phase II finishes this academic year.
Watch as members of Bogner Construction place the final steel beam for the new 8,洛瑞中心增加了000平方英尺.
- 2021年春季:搬迁现有的Lowry办公室和服务. Dining, C-Store, 邮局, Copy Center will remain until May 10, 2021.
- 2021年夏- 2022年夏:一期新建8000平方米. 中庭和主要和较低楼层的翻新. 二期工程将于2022年夏季在上层开始.
- Fall 2022-Spring 2023: Construction is completed on main and lower levels and offices and services begin to return to their permanent locations. 第二阶段的建设继续在上层进行.
- January 2023: Construction on the renovated and expanded Lowry Center is scheduled to be completed by early January 2023, 在春季学期开始之前. All services and offices move to their permanent locations in Lowry Center.
这个项目, intended to maximize the current structure with the efficient re-use of existing spaces, 会包含一个8,000 square foot addition to the front (west-facing side) of the existing building and a renovation of the entire interior, 除了小巷, 在2017-2018年进行了翻修.
- 8000平方米. ft. open air atrium will be added and central dining will be relocated to the main level to increase its size, 可访问性, 以及整体效率.
- The upper floor will be a centralized home for the Center for 多样性 and 包容, 学生辅导主任, 住宿生活和学生活动, 以及一个主休息室和学生灵活的工作空间.
- 学院书店, 邮局, 麦克劳德咖啡吧和便利店, 将加入巷子, 一楼有电台和休息室.
Wooster has already raised nearly $33 million in support of the project thanks to early support from 14 donors, 包括来自77年的道格·布拉什的铅礼物, 理查德J. 63年的贝尔和托尼. 克拉克，约翰和杜恩·艾伦·福斯特，80年，奥斯汀E. 诺尔顿基金会.——威廉·A. 65年的Longbrake和Stephen C. Gault 73. The 这个项目 will be done in phases with an anticipated completion date of December 2022, 预计总成本约为4000万美元. The timeline for the project is pending further approval by Wooster’s Board of Trustees early next year. 阅读MG娱乐网站网址的活动更新.
The new student center will feature many spaces with naming opportunities. Among the high-profile spaces in the new building are the entrance plaza, 大厅, 上共享, 食堂, 多元化与包容中心, 较低的长廊, 书店, 以及其他重要的学生生活办公室.
感谢理查德J. 63年的贝尔和托尼·克拉克, 还有一个匿名捐赠者, 学院提供300万美元, dollar for dollar match to encourage contributions to this historic project. 参与, 至少承诺50美元,000 and a dollar-for-dollar match will be applied to provide you the opportunity to select a naming opportunity beginning at the $100,000年的水平.
Donors work with the Office of Advancement to sign a pledge agreement and must fulfill the pledge within five years of the initial commitment.
Naming opportunities will be offered in the order the commitments are made and once a pledge agreement is completed, the match dollars will be available to influence the naming opportunity associated with the gift.